Do you dream of having straighter teeth but really do not want to go through the pain of metal braces? That is very understandable. Many people do not want to go through that discomfort and inconvenience. Some patients really do not like the way metal braces look, especially adults who are working professionals. Plus, some patients have heard that metal braces can damage the soft tissues in the mouth.
What Are SureSmile® Aligners?
For decades, if you wanted to straighten your teeth, metal braces were your only option. However, you can now use nonmetal aligners. The SureSmile system uses a series of clear, customized aligner trays. People probably will not even see them in your mouth. SureSmile aligner trays apply gentle pressure to the teeth that need to move. You will wear them throughout the day and night. You will come to see us once a month, and we will give you new aligners as the old ones finish their work.
The Advantages of the SureSmile System
Compared to traditional metal braces, you will enjoy these advantages of the SureSmile System:
- Easy To Clean: Your aligners will not have any metal wires that food can get trapped in. In fact, you can just take them out to eat.
- Invisibility: It will not be easy for others to notice that you are getting your teeth straightened, even when you smile and laugh.
- No Metal: It is true that metal braces have caused injuries and even scars on the gums of some patients, but SureSmile uses no metal!
- Less Discomfort: The tightening of metal braces can cause sudden and sharp pains. In contrast, SureSmile aligners exert an even, gentle pressure to your teeth.
- Convenience: Whatever your age, the SureSmile system will not disrupt your everyday life.
Make an Appointment for Straighter Teeth
If you want to know if SureSmile aligners in Albany, Oregon, might work for you, make an appointment with our dentists and team for a consultation. Dr. Greg Renyer and Dr. Cheryl Cooper will examine your teeth to make sure you are a candidate. Then, we will get impressions of your teeth and send them out to have your series of aligners created. Call Pinnacle Dental Associates at 541-928-9299 today to find out how to get the smile of your dreams!